Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Military service

When I created this blog I named it as "Jani travelling" since I thought I might continue updating it sometimes from my upcoming trips after my on-the-job learning period. Unfortunately nowadays it's impossible for me to keep travelling, because goverment of Finland wants me to carry out military service.

I like everything international, so I applied and got chosen to Finnish Rapid Deployment Forces. Group of about 200 men who'll be trained to work on international operations. FRDF is supposed to be more physical than ordinary national army and all of the guys are pre-chosen, so motivation here is much higher than anywhere else. That's what I like very much. I hate watching lazy morons, who are not giving a shit about anything.

I started my service 9th July and now about 1/4 is behind. So far the time here has been okey, not so physical what I thought, but still hard enough. I'm proud to be the part of one of the best companies in Finland.

My plan is to get chosen to operation after this year and spend half a year in Afghanistan. After that I've got so much money that I can travel all around the world for a quite long time. Let's see what happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment